You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 37
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
361) What is the unit for measuring the pitch or frequency of sound ?
362) When a ball drops on to the floor it bounces. Why does it bounce?
A) Floor exerts a force on the ball during the impact
B) Newton's third law implies that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction
C) The floor is perfectly rigid
D) None of these
363) When a running car stops suddenly, the passengers tends to lean forward because of ?
A) Inertia of Rest
B) Inertia of Motion
C) Gravitational Force
D) Centrifugal Force
364) When a single gene controls the expression of more than one character, it is said to be
365) When items of jewellery made of metals such as copper or nickel are placed in a solution having a salt of gold, a thin film of gold is deposited by?
A) heating above 100 degree Centigrade
B) passing an electric current
C) just keeping it for 10 minutes
D) cooling to below 0 degree Centigrade
366) When water freezes its density:
C) Remains constant
D) Becomes zero
367) When water itself combines chemically with some element or mineral it is called?
368) When you pull out the plug connected to an electrical appliance, you often observe a spark. To which property of the appliance, is this related?
369) Where does the cabbage store food?
370) Which among the following disease is caused by female Aedes Aegypti mosquitoes ?
D) Dengue Fever