You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 4
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
31) Air is said to be saturated when
A) it contains maximum content of water vapour
B) its pressure is minimum
C) its thickness is maximum
D) it blows over the barren land
32) Alcohol prepared by the distillation of wood is ?
A) Ethyl Alcohol
C) Methyl Alcohol
D) Propyl Alcohol
33) All the ecosystems taken together in a geographical area form a bigger unit called ?
34) Alzheimer's disease in human beings is characterised by the degeneration of?
A) Nerve cells
B) Kidney cells
C) Brain cells
D) Liver cells
35) Among terrestrial (land) animals, which animal has the longest gestation period ?
36) Amount of water vapour (gaseous) in a given volume of air (Cubic Meter) is known as ?
A) Specific Humidity
B) Absolute Humidity
C) Relative Humidity
D) Mixing Ratio
37) An alloy used in making heating elements for electric heating devices is:
D) German Silver
38) An atom of an element with mass number 23 and atomic number 11 will have:
A) 11 neutrons, 12 protons and 11 electrons
B) 11 protons, 12 neutrons and 11 electrons
C) 11 protons, 12 electrons and 11 neutrons
D) 23 protons and 11 electrons
39) An eardrum is absent in
40) An element that does not occur in nature but can be produced artificially is: