You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 40
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
391) Which of following substances undergoes chemical change on heating ?
A) Sodium Chloride
C) Lead Nitrate
D) Platinum wire
392) Which of the following act disturbs the ecological balance?
A) Social Forestry
393) Which of the following alloys is used for making magnets ?
B) Stainless Steel
394) Which of the following can be used to absorb neutrons to control the chain reaction during nuclear fission?
B) Heavy water
395) Which of the following cell organelles function as the power house of a living cell?
D) Golgi apparatus
396) Which of the following characters is not shown by hydrogen:
A) It burns in air to form water
B) It supports combustion
C) It combines with almost all metals forming hydrides
D) It readily combines with fluorine and chlorine
397) Which of the following Chemicals is used for fruit ripening?
A) Calcium carbide
B) Potassium chloride
C) Sodium chloride
D) Sodium carbonate
398) Which of the following chemicals is used for preserving fruit juices?
A) Sodium Benzoate
B) Ammonium Sulphate
C) Potassium Nitrate
D) Sodium Hydroxide
399) Which of the following communication modes support two-ways traffic but in only one direction at a time?
D) Three-quarter duplex
400) Which of the following elements is non-radioactive?