You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 47
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
461) Which one among the following methods is not effective in removing arsenic from contaminated ground water?
A) Ion exchange
D) Reverse osmosis
462) Which one among the following statements is correct?
A) Convex mirrors are used as reflectors
B) Convex mirrors should be used as shaving
C) Convex mirrors are used by doctors to examine oral cavity
D) Concave mirrors are used as reflectors
463) Which one among the following statements is correct?
A) All bases are alkalis
B) There are no more bases except the alkalis
C) All alkalis are bases but all bases are not alkalis
D) None of the bases is alkali
464) Which one among the following substances evolves heat when dissolved in water?
A) Sodium chloride
C) Potassium nitrate
D) Calcium oxide
465) Which one among the following will you put in to pure water in order to pass electric current through it?
A) Lemon Juice
C) Mustard oil
466) Which one among the following would expand the most on being heated?
467) Which one of the following are recorded first by the Seismograph?
468) Which one of the following genetic diseases is sex-linked?
A) Royal haemophilia
B) Tay-Sachs disease
C) Cystic fibrosis
469) Which one of the following is an air pollutant gas and is released by burning of fossil fuel?
B) Sulphur dioxide
470) Which one of the following is both a local anesthetic as well as a stimulant?