You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 48
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
471) Which one of the following is left when an hydrogen atom loses its electron?
A) An alpha particle
B) A neutron
C) A proton
D) A beta particle
472) Which one of the following is not a digestive enzyme?
473) Which one of the following is the softest?
474) Which one of the following is used as a moderator in a nuclear reactor?
C) Heavy water
D) Ordinary water
475) Which one of the following is used as an explosive?
C) Mercuric oxide
D) Phosphorus trichloride
476) Which one of the following is used in the preparation of antiseptic solution?
B) Potassium Chloride
C) Potassium nitrate
D) Iodine Chloride
477) Which one of the following metals is used to galvanise iron?
478) Which one of the following reactions is the main cause of the energy radiation from the Sun?
A) Fusion reaction
B) Fission reaction
C) Chemical reaction
D) Diffusion reaction
479) Which pigment gives plants and leaves their green colour ?
D) None of these
480) Which scale is used to measure hardness of minerals?
D) Mercalli intensity scale