You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 17
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
161) Ashtapradhan was a Council of Ministers in the?
162) Assertion (A): Rights and duties are the two sides of the same coin. Reason (R): It is not the duty of the state to maintain the rights of the citizens. Which is correct?
A) Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is correct explanation of (A)
B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
163) Assertion A) : The Rajya Sabha under Article 312 is empowered to create new all-India service in national interest. Reason (R) : The Rajya Sabha can define national interest better. Which is correct?
A) (A) is true, but (R) is false
B) (A) is false, but (R) is true
C) Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
D) Both (A) and (R) is false
164) Asteroids, sometimes called minor planets or planetoids, are generally found between which planets ?
A) Mars and Jupiter
B) Jupiter and Saturn
C) Saturn and Uranus
D) Earth and Mars
165) Asvaghosa lived in the court of?
B) Samudra Gupta
166) At present the Rajya Sabha consists of _______ members.
167) At the time of independence which portfolio in the central government was being taken care of by Mrs. Indira Gandhi?
A) Information & Broadcasting
168) At the time of Muhammad Ghori's invasion against Prithviraj Chauhan who of the following ruled Kannauj ?
A) The Gahadwalas
B) The Palas
C) The Pratiharas
D) The Chandellas
169) At which of the following Indus valley civilization site would you come across world's earliest known dock ?
A) Ropar (Punjab)
B) Lothal (Gujarat)
C) Banawali (Haryana)
D) Kalibangan (Rajasthan)
170) At which place did Buddha die?