You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 2
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
11) What was the main objective of Green Revolution in India ?
A) To increase the extent of cash crop cultivation
B) To increase the area of green forests under social forestry scheme
C) Modernisation of agriculture through science and technology
D) To introduce the Japanese method of paddy cultivation
12) Which is correct? I. The President shall not be member of either House of Parliament, II. The Parliament shall consist of the President and two Houses.
A) Both I and II
B) Neither I nor II
C) I alone
D) II alone
13) Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity?
A) Cold water
B) Saline water
C) Distilled water
D) Warm water
14) Who of the following founded the Ahmedabad Textile labour Association?
A) Mahatma Gandhi
B) J. B. Kripalani
C) N. M. Joshi
D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
15) (1) Cherrapunji is located on the south side of Garo hills, (2) Cherrapunji is about 1700 m above mean sea level. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A) 1 only
B) 2 only
C) Both 1 and 2
D) Neither 1 nor 2
16) ________ was the ex-officio chairman of Planning Commission and National Development Council.
A) Prime Minister
C) Finance Minister
D) Commerce Minister
17) _______ forms the western boundary of the Indian sub-continent.
18) ____________ Harbour is protected by a rocky headland called Dolphin's Nose.
19) 70% of working population of India is engaged in:
A) public sector
B) primary sector
C) secondary sector
D) tertiary sector
20) 82 and 1/2 degree E longitude is geographically significant to India because
A) It determines the Indian standard time
B) It has a bearing on the tropical climate of India
C) It divides India into eastern and western zone
D) It enables determining local time in eastern India