You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 21
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
201) British Parliament passed Indian Independence Act on?
A) 14th August 1947
B) 15th August 1947
C) 18th July 1946
D) 18th July 1947
202) Broad money in India is :
203) Bromine is:
A) Colourless gas insoluble in water
B) A highly inflammable gas
C) A Black solid
D) A red liquid
204) Bronze is an alloy of
A) Copper and Zinc
B) Tin and Zinc
C) Copper and Tin
D) Iron and Zinc
205) Bryophytes are often called as amphibian plants because they
A) are found both in water and on land
B) do not have habitat preference
C) can eat insects
D) appear like frog
206) Buddha delivered his first sermon at:
207) Buddhism was divided into Mahayana and Hinayana during the reign of:
208) By a regulation in 1793, the District Collector was deprived of his judicial powers and made the collecting agent only. What was the reason for such regulation?
A) Lord Cornwallis felt that the District Collector's efficiency of revenue collection would enormously
B) Lord Cornwallis was alarmed at the extent of power concentrated in the District Collector and felt t
C) Lord Cornwallis felt that Judicial power should compulsorily be in the hands of Europeans while Indi
D) The judicial work demanded a deep knowledge of India and a good training in law and Lord Cornwallis
209) By defeating Harshavardhana on the banks of river Narmada, which Chalukya ruler stopped him from expanding into south ?
B) Pulkesin II
C) Pulkesin I
D) Chandragupta Maurya
210) By what name is Krishna Dvaipayana, author of the epic Mahabharat, better known ?
A) Ved Vyas