You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 22
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
211) By what name is spiritual guru Narendra Nath Datta, founder of Belur Math near Kolkata, better known ?
A) Swami Vivekanand
B) Ram Krishna Pramhansa
C) Swami Prabhupad
D) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
212) By what name is the Ganga known in Bangladesh?
213) By which Act the Bicameral Central Legislature was established during the British period for the first time?
A) Govt. of India Act 1919
B) Govt. of India Act 1935
C) Indian Council Act 1861
D) None of the these
214) By which of the following Acts were the Commercial Rights of East India Company abolished?
A) Charter Act of 1813
B) Charter Act of 1853
C) Regulating Act of 1773
D) Charter Act of 1833
215) Can one person act as Governor for more than one State?
C) Only for six months
D) Only for one year
216) Can the qualifications of acquiring natural citizenship be waived? Under which conditions can these be waived?
A) Yes, if the applicant worked for human progress in general
B) Yes, if the applicant has rendered service for world peace
C) Yes, if a person has rendered distinguished service to the cause of science or art, philosophy or li
D) All of these
217) Canal irrigation is most important in the Northern Plains of India because:
A) the soil is porous
B) the level of underground water is high
C) the sources of canals are perennial rivers
D) the region is densely populated
218) Capital of Belgium is?
219) Capital output ratio of a commodity measures
A) Its per unit cost of production
B) The amount of capital invested per unit of output
C) The ratio of capital depreciation to quantity of output
D) The ratio of working capital employed to quantity of output
220) Carbohydrates are the compounds of:
A) Carbon and hydrogen
B) Carbon, oxygen and hydrogen
C) Carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen
D) Carbon, nitrogen and hydrogen