You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 23
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
221) Carborandum is:
A) Silicon Dioxide
B) Silicon Carbide
C) Silicon Nitride
D) Silicon Phosphide
222) Caustic Soda is:
223) Cell theory was propounded by?
A) Robert Hooke
B) William Harvey
C) Schleiden and Schwann
224) Cereal(s) grown by the people of the Harappan Civilisation was/were:
D) All of these
225) Chandragupta Maurya built the first great empire in India with the help of?
226) Chandragupta Maurya with the help of Chanakya decided to overthrow the Nandas because:
A) Chanakya had been humiliated by the Nandas
B) the Nandas were low-born
C) the Nandas had accumulated a great deal of wealth by extortion and oppression of the people
D) Chanakya wanted to restore the ideal of Kshatriya rule
227) Chankya was the chief advisor of which Mauryan ruler?
D) Chandragupta Maurya
228) Chemical formula of Water glass is:
229) Chilka Lake is located in
230) Cholera Bacillus was discovered by?
A) Robert Koch
B) Joseph lister
C) Ronald Ross
D) Louis Pasteur