You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 3
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
21) 93rd Constitution Amendment Bill seeks?
A) to make army service mandatory
B) to grant statehood to Uttaranchal
C) to make elementary education compulsory
D) None of these.
22) A balloon filled with helium rises in air because?
A) Air exerts an upward force on the balloon
B) The balloon is weightless
C) Helium is less dense than air
D) Helium pushes down on the air below the balloon
23) A bill for alteration of boundaries of States shall not be introduced in the Parliament without the recommendation?
A) The President
B) the Supreme Court
C) the legislatures of the States concerned
D) the presiding officers of both houses of parliament
24) A bill in each House is subject to?
A) one reading
B) two readings
C) three readings
D) four readings
25) A body has a mass of 6 kg on the Earth
A) when measured on the Moon, its mass would be?
B) less than 6 kg
C) 6 kg
D) less than 1 kg
26) A body is charged negatively. It implies that?
A) it has acquired some electrons from outside
B) it has lost some of its electrons
C) it has lost some of its protons
D) None of these
27) A chemical reaction that takes place with the evolution of heat is called a/an:
A) Reversible reaction
B) Endothermic reaction
C) Thermal reaction
D) Exothermic reaction
28) A chronometer measures:
A) Sound waves
C) Water waves
D) Colour contrast
29) A close bottle containing water at room temperature is taken to the Moon and than the lid is opened. The water will?
C) decompose into oxygen and hydrogen
D) not change at all
30) A closed economy is an economy in which:
A) the money supply is fully controlled
B) deficit financing takes place
C) only exports take place
D) neither exports nor imports take place