You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 30
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
291) Disguised unemployment in India is mainly related to : (1) agricultural sector, (2) rural area, (3) factory sector, (4) urban area.
A) 1 and 2
B) 1 and 3
C) 2 and 4
D) 3 and 4
292) Disputes regarding the election of the President and Vice-President are settled:
A) in the Supreme Court
B) by the Election Commission
C) by a Parliamentary Committee
D) in the High Court
293) Diu is an island off which state?
294) Dr. B. R Ambedkar was conferred 'Bharat Ratna' during the regime of
295) Dry ice is:
A) Ice which never melts
B) A term used for insensitive persons
C) Solid carbon dioxide
D) Frozen heavy water
296) Due to its ability to dissolve glass, which acid is not kept in glass container ?
A) Hydrofluoric Acid
B) Hydrochloric Acid
C) Sulphuric Acid
D) Nitric Acid
297) Dumping in the context of international trade refers to :
A) exporting goods at prices below the actual cost of production
B) exporting goods without paying the appropriate taxes in the receiving country
C) exporting goods of inferior quality
D) exporting goods only to re-import them at cheaper rates
298) Duncan passage is located between?
A) South and Little Andaman
B) Middle and South Andaman
C) North and Middle Andaman
D) Little and Great Nicobar
299) During burnings of fuels, carbon and hydrogen present in the fuels are:
A) Converted into carbon dioxide and water vapour
B) Released into the atmosphere
C) Absorbed by the surroundings
D) Converted into alkanes
300) During his pilgrimage, Chaitanya received enlightment at?