You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 4
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
31) A compound used in medicine as a pain killer is
D) Ethyl alcohol
32) A country is said to be in a debt trap if:
A) it has to abide by the conditionalities imposed by the International Monetary Fund
B) it has to borrow to make interest payments on outstanding loans
C) it has been refused loans or aid by creditors abroad
D) the World Bank charges a very high rate of interest on outstanding as well as new loans
33) A devastating Cloud Burst swept over Leh in August 2010. Which one of the following statements with regard to Cloud Burst is not correct?
A) Cloud Burst is a localised weather phenomenon representing highly concentrated rainfall over a small
B) Cloud Burst occurs only in hilly areas
C) Cloud Burst occurs due to upward movement of moistureladen air with sufficient rapidity to form cumu
D) There is no satisfactory technique till now for predicting Cloud Burst
34) A double convex air bubble in water would behave as a:
A) Convergent lens
B) Divergent lens
C) Both as convergent and divergent lenses
D) None of these
35) A federal structure of India was first put forward by the?
A) Act of 1909
B) Act of 1919
C) Act of 1935
D) Act of 1947
36) A federal system?
A) must have a written costitution.
B) must have an unwritten constitution.
C) may not have any constitution.
D) may have either written or unwritten constitution
37) A gifted scholar who was selected to the prestigious ICS, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose later founded his own political party to continue his struggle for the full and immediate independence of India from British rule. Pick the name of this party.
A) All India Forward Bloc
B) Swaraj Party
C) Indian National Congress
D) Gadar Party
38) A good method of providing employment to rural labor and utilizing it fully is through?
A) Rural industries
C) Public works programmes
D) Cattle rearing
39) A government is federal or unitary on the basis of relations between the:
A) three organs of government
B) Centre and States
C) Legislature and the Executive
D) Constitution and the States
40) A hammer in the hands of a housewife is a _________ good.