You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 42
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
411) Hirakud Dam at Sambalpur in Orissa, the longest dam in India, is built across which river ?
412) Historians are of the view that the British signed the Treaty of Bassien (1802) with a 'Cypher'. Who was this 'Cypher'?
A) Raghunath Rao
B) Daulat Rao Sindhia
C) Baji Rao II
D) Nana Phadanvis
413) Hooghly was used as a base for piracy in the Bay of Bengal by?
A) The Portugese
B) The British
C) The French
D) The Danish
414) How did Sultan Qutub-ud-din Aibak die?
A) He sustained injuries while besieging the fortress of Kalinjar in Bundelkhand and succumbed to death
B) He was killed in a battle with Taj-u-din Yildiz, the rular of Ghazni who entered into a contest with
C) He was treacherously stabled to death by one of his ambitious nobles
D) He died after a fall from his horse while playing Chaugan
415) How did the Non-cooperation Movement affect the Congress?
A) From constitutional agitation it changed its method to passive resistance
B) Once again the control shifted from moderates to extremists
C) It became the leader of the masses in the nationalist struggle to win freedom from British rule
D) It became a more business like body with a Working Committee and Constitution
416) How do Directive Principles of State Policy differ from Fundamental Rights?
A) The former are not a part of the Constitution, whereas the latter are the part of the Constitution.
B) The Directive Principles are not enforceable, whereas the Fundamental Rights are enforceable
C) The former are meant for Central Government, whereas the latter are for the States.
D) None of these
417) How liberty can be limited?
A) By Rule
B) By Law
C) By Authority
D) By Equality
418) How long did the Constituent Assembly take to finally pass the Constitution?
A) about 6 months in 1949
B) exactly a year since Nov 26, 1948
C) about 2 years since Aug 15, 1947
D) about 3 years since Dec 9, 1946
419) How many chromosomes pairs are there in a human body?
420) How many members are nominated by the President in Rajya Sabha?