You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 45
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
441) If the cash-reserve ratio is lowered by the Central bank, what will be its effect on credit creation?
C) No change
D) None of these
442) If the current and the voltage are out of phase by 90 degree, then the power is?
D) None of these
443) If the earth stops rotating the apparent value of g on its surface will
A) increase everywhere
B) decrease everywhere
C) remain the same everywhere
D) increase at some places and remain the same at other places
444) If the panchayat is dissolved, the election must be held within
A) 1 month
B) 4 month
C) 6 month
D) 1 year
445) If the President returns a Bill sent to him for his assent and the Parliament once again passes the Bill in its original form, then the President:
A) can once again return the Bill for further reconsideration
B) can ask for a referendum on the Bill
C) has to give assent to the Bill
D) can seek the opinion of the Supreme Court on the bill
446) If the President wants to resign from office, he may do so by writing to the:
B) Chief Justice of India
C) Prime Minister
D) Speaker of Lok Sabha
447) If the price of an inferior good falls, then its demand
C) Remains constant
D) Can be any of these
448) If the Prime Minister of India belonged to the Upper House of Parliament?
A) he can make statements only on the Upper House
B) he will not be able to vote in his favour in the event of a no-confidence motion
C) he has to become a member of the Lower House within six months after being sworn-in as the Prime Min
D) he will not be able to speak on the Budget in the Lower House
449) If the RBI adopts an expansionist open market operations policy, this means that it will?
A) Openly announce to the market that it intends to expand credit
B) Sell securities in the open market
C) Offer commercial banks more credit in the open market
D) Buy securities from non-government holders
450) If the Speaker of the Lok Sabha intends to vacate his office before the expiry of his term, he sends his resignation to the?
A) Leader of the House (Lok Sabha)
B) Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
C) President of India
D) Chairman of the Rajya Sabha