You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 46
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
451) If the usual rule of calculation of time were applied for the extremes of Gujarat and Arunachal Pradesh, then approximately time:
A) at Gujarat would be ahead of that at Arunachal Pradesh by about 3 hours
B) at Gujarat would be ahead of that at Arunachal Pradesh by about 2 hours
C) at Arunachal Pradesh would be ahead of that at Gujarat by about 3 hours
D) at Arunachal Pradesh would be ahead of that at Gujarat by about 2 hours
452) If two liquids have widely different boiling points, they may be separated by:
A) Steam distillation
D) Fractional distillation
453) Import substitution implies:
A) importing new items in place of old items of import
B) gradual reduction of imported goods to save foreign exchange
C) increasing domestic supply of goods by imposing import restrictions
D) replacing import items by domestic production of such items
454) In 1829, which Governor-General prohibited the practice of 'Sati' ?
A) Lord Amherst
B) Lord Cornwallis
C) Lord William Bentinck
D) Lord Curzon
455) In 1892, who became the first Indian to be elected to the House of Commons (lower house of British Parliament) ?
A) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
B) Motilal Nehru
C) Mahatma Gandhi
D) Dadabhai Naoroji
456) In 1925, who founded the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in Nagpur ?
A) Lala Har Dayal
B) Vir Savarkar
C) Keshava Baliram Hedgewar
457) In 1930, Mahatma Gandhi started the Civil Disobedience Movement from:
458) In 1990, which district of Kerala became the first fully literate district of India ?
459) In a Federal State:
A) States are more powerful than the Centre
B) Centre is more powerful than States
C) a Presidential form of government functions
D) Constitution effects division of powers between the Centre and States with safeguards against transg
460) In a free economy, inequalities of income are mainly due to ?
A) Free competition
B) Private property and inheritance
C) Differences in the marginal productivity of labour
D) Private property only