You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 51
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
501) In India, with several characteristics of a Federal Government, the supremacy lies in?
A) Supreme Court
502) In Jainism the aim of life is to attain Nirvana or Moksha for which one has to:
A) follow three jewels and five vows
B) practice, non-violence and non-injury to all living beings
C) renounce the world and attain right knowledge
D) believe in the Jains and absolute non-violence
503) In May 1998, while addressing at nuclear tests site near Pokhran, who added 'Jai Vigyan' to the Lal Bahadur Shastri's Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan' ?
A) Rajeev Gandhi
B) Atal Behari Vajpayee
C) P.V.Narsimha Rao
D) Indira Gandhi
504) In nature, trophic levels are found in
A) Root system
B) Shoot system
D) Tissue system
505) In photoelectric emission, the energy of emitted electron is
A) same as that of incident photon
B) larger than that of incident photon
C) less than that of incident photon
D) proportional to the intensity of incident light
506) In relation to the State Government, local government exercises
A) Independent Authority
B) Co-ordinate Authority
C) Delegated Authority
D) Superior Authority
507) In scuba-diving, while ascending towards the water surface, there is a danger of bursting the lungs due to?
A) Gay-Lussac’s law of combining volumes
B) Graham’s law of diffusion
C) Archimedes’ principle
D) Boyle's law
508) In Solar System, which planet rotates the fastest on its axis ?
509) In spite of being located at lower latitude than Amritsar, Shimla is colder because
A) in Shimla it snows heavily
B) in Shimla air pressure is higher
C) it is at a higher altitude
D) Shimla receives heavy rainfall
510) In State, District Judges are appointed by the?
A) Chief Minister
B) Advocate General of State
C) Chief Justice of High Court