You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 69
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
681) Most of the rivers flowing westward from the Western Ghats do not form deltas because:
A) of the high gradient
B) they are too slow
C) they are not perennial
D) there is no vegetation
682) Most soluble in water is:
D) Common Salt
683) Mother’s milk is preferred to cow’s milk because it contains?
A) more lipids and less fats
B) less fats and less lipids
C) more fats and more lipids
D) more fats and less lipids
684) Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world, is located in :
685) Mr.X was advised by an architect to make outer walls of his house with hollow bricks. The correct reason is that such walls?
A) make the building stronger
B) prevent seepage of moisture from outside
C) protect the building from lightning
D) help keeping inside cooler in summer and warmer in winter
686) Mrs Annie Besant became the first woman President of the Indian National Congress in:
687) Mt. Godwin Austen is one of the highest peaks of the Himalayas. It is also known as?
B) Mount Everest
D) None of the these
688) Mudumalai Sanctuary is famous for?
689) Mumbai receives more rainfall than Pune because
A) Mumbai is on the windward side
B) Pune is at a greater elevation
C) Mumbai is a coastal city
D) Pune has greater vegetation than Mumbai
690) Nagananda', 'Ratnavali' and 'Priyadarshika' Sanskrit works were authored by which ruler ?
A) Chandragupta Maurya
B) Krishna Deva Raya
C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya