You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 72
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
711) Nurjahan's real name was?
A) Razia Sultan
C) Mumtaj Mahal
D) Mehr - un - Nisaa
712) Obsidian, Andesite, Gabbro and Perodite are
A) Extrusive rocks
B) Metamorphic rocks
C) Intrusive rocks
D) Sedimentary rocks
713) Of all the states in northern India in 6th century BC which of the following states emerged as the most powerful?
714) Of the five vows (Panch Anuvratas) of Jainism, four existed before Mahavira. The one which he added was:
A) not to kill (non-injury)
B) not to steal
C) non-attachment to worldly things
715) Of the following metals, which one pollutes the air of a big city ?
716) Of the following scholars who was the first to discover the traces of the Harappan Civilisation?
A) Sir John Marshall
B) R D Banerji
C) A Cunningham
D) Daya Ram Sahani
717) Of the following statements about the major soil types, the incorrect one is :
A) alluvial soils are easy to plough
B) red soils are rich in phosphorus, nitrogen and lime content
C) laterite is typically a soil of tropical regions which receive heavy seasonal rainfall
D) black soil is highly retentive of moisture and very productive
718) Of the following who died as political prisoner in Lahore prison?
A) Bhagat Singh
B) Batukeshwar Dutt
C) Jatin Das
D) Sukh Dev
719) Of the following who is called India's Machiavelli?
720) Of the following who was the hero of a famous drama Malvlkagnimitra written by Kalidasa?