You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 74
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
731) On what ground, the Supreme Court of India can accept the appeal against any High Court Judgement?
A) Law Minister has recommended in the regard.
B) That is the Fundamental Right of the person who appeals
C) It is the apex court of the country.
D) There is sufficient legal jurisdiction in it.
732) On which date, the arrival date of Mahatma Gandhi in India from South Africa, is the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas celebrated?
A) 9th January
B) 10th January
C) 11th January
D) 12th January
733) On which occasion the slogan 'Nagpur Chalo' was raised?
A) Jhanda Satyagrah
B) Quit India Movement
C) Non-cooperation Movement
D) Dandi March
734) On whom does the Constitution confer special responsibility for the enforcement of Fundamental Rights?
B) Supreme Court
D) State legislature
735) On whose report President promulgates President Rule in the State?
B) Prime Minister
C) Chief Minister
736) Once the proclamation of emergency is made, the right of a citizen to move to the Supreme Court for the enforcement of his fundamental right is suspended by the:
A) Prime Minister of India
B) President of India
C) Speaker of Lok Sabha
D) Chief Justice of Supreme Court
737) One fathom is equal to:
A) 6 metres
B) 6 feet
C) 60 feet
D) 60 cm
738) One micron is equal to:
A) 1/10th of mm
B) 1/100th of mm
C) 1/1000th of mm
D) 1/10000th of mm
739) One of the chief defects of Universal Adult Franchise is?
A) it lays emphasis on the principle of equality
B) it leads to rule by ignorants
C) it protects the rights of minorities
D) it gives chance to a common man to be associated with the decisions of the government
740) One of the following is the constitutional power of the Indian Parliament
A) Supervising the work of state legislatures
B) Amending Indian Constitution as and when required
C) Settling disputes among various departments
D) Reviewing the work of educational institutions