You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 9
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
81) After approval by both Houses of Parliament, the proclamation of emergency issued by the President shall be valid:
A) for period of six months
B) for an indefinite period unless revoked by the subsequent proclamation
C) for an indefinite period if both Houses of Parliament approves the proclamation after every six mont
D) for further period of two months only
82) After declaration of financial emergency by the President, what is the period of operation without approval by the Parliament?
A) One Month
B) Two Months
C) Three Months
D) Four Months
83) After Quit India Movement, C. Rajagopalachari issued a pamphlet entitled - The Way Out¯. Which one of the following was a proposal in this pamphlet?
A) Reconstitution of the Central Executive Council in such a way that all its members, except the Gover
B) A solution for the constitutional deadlock.
C) Fresh elections to the Central and Provincial Legislatures to be held at the end of 1945 and the Con
D) The establishment of a War Advisory Council¯ composed of representatives of British India and the In
84) After textile, the second largest industry of India is?
D) None of the above
85) After the Kalinga War, Ashoka decided never to wage any war because?
A) After the conquest of Kalinga the political unity of Mauryan India had been achieved
B) Ashoka felt apologetic about the destruction of men and material on both sides in the war.
C) He was moved by the violence, slaughter and sufferings to the combatants and non-combatants in the w
D) Shortly after the war he adopted Buddhism which was opposed to violence
86) After the partition of India, the largest number of Harappan towns and settlements have been found in:
D) Uttar Pradesh
87) Age of fossil may be found out by determining the ratio of two isotopes of carbon. The isotopes are?
A) C-12 and C-14
B) C-12 and C-13
C) C-13 and C-14
D) C-12 and carbon black
88) AIDS is caused by?
89) Air is a/an:
90) Air is said to be saturated when
A) it contains maximum content of water vapour
B) its pressure is minimum
C) its thickness is maximum
D) it blows over the barren land