|Battles in Indian History||Details|
|Battle of Hydaspeas - 326 B.C.||Alexander defeated Porus.|
|Kalinga War - 261 B.C.||Ashoka defeated Kalinga.|
|First Battle of Tarain - 1191 A.D.||Prithvi Raj Chauhan defeated Mohammed Ghori.|
|Second Battle of Tarain - 1192 A.D.||Mohammad Ghori defeated Prithvi Raj Chauhan.|
|Battle of Chandawar - 1193 or 1194||Muhammad Ghori defeated Jaichandra Gaharwar.|
|First Battle of Panipat - 1526 A.D.||Babar defeated Ibrahim Lodi.|
|Battle of Khanwa - 1527 A.D.||Babar defeated Rana Sanga.|
|Battle of Ghaghra - 1529 A.D.||Babar defeated Mahmud Lodhi and Sultan Nusrat Shah.|
|Battle of Chausa - 1539 A.D.||Sher Shah Suri (Sher Khan) defeated Humayun.|
|Battle of Kannauj (or Bilgram) - 1540 A.D.||Sher Shah Suri (Sher Khan) defeated Humayun.|
|Second Battle of Panipat - 1556 A.D.||Bairam Khan (representing Mughal Emperor Akbar) defeated Hemu.|
|Battle of Talikota - 1565 A.D.||Ahmednagar, Bijapur, Golkonda and Bidar formed alliance and defeated the Vijaynagar empire.|
|Battle of Haldighati - 1576 A.D.||Akbar's forces headed by Raja Man Singh and Asaf Khan defeated Rana Pratap. Rana Pratap refused to surrender to the Mughal Power.|
|Battle of Karnal - 1739 A.D.||Nadir Shah defeated Mohd. Shah.|
|Battle of Plassey - 1757 A.D.||Lord Clive defeated Siraj-ud-Daula.|
|Battle of Wandiwash - 1760 A.D.||The English forces defeated the French forces.|
|Third Battle of Panipat - 1761 A.D.||Ahmed Shah Abdali defeated the Marathas.|
|Battle of Buxar - 1764 A.D.||The English forces defeated the alliance of Nawab Mir Qasim of Bengal, Nawab Shuja-ud-daula of Awadh and Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II.|
|First Anglo Mysore War - (1767-69 A.D.)||Hyder Ali defeated the English forces.|
|Second Anglo Mysore War - (1780-84 A.D.)||Hyder Ali died in the battle (1782) and subsequently led by his son Tipu Sultan. The war concluded with the Treaty of Mangalore (1784).|
|Third Anglo Mysore War - (1789-92 A.D.)||The English forces defeated Tipu Sultan. Treaty of Srirangapatnam was signed.|
|Fourth Anglo Mysore War - 1799 A.D.||Tipu Sultan was defeated and killed by the English forces.|
1. In which year Second Battle of Panipat was sought?(a) 1256 A.D.
(b) 1356 A.D.
(c) 1456 A.D.
(d) 1556 A.D.
2. Whom did Prithvi Raj Chauhan defeated in the First Battle of Terrain in 1191 A.D.?(a) Mohammed Ghori
(b) Rana Sanga
(d) Nadir Shah
3. In 1760 A.D. Battle of Wandiwash was fought between?(a) English and French forces
(b) English and Portugal forces
(c) French and Portugal forces
(d) Dutch and English forces
4. Battle of Buxar was fought in the year?(a) 1763 A.D.
(b) 1764 A.D.
(c) 1765 A.D.
(d) 1766 A.D.
5. Who defeated Siraj-ud Daula in the Battle of Plassey in 1757 A.D.?(a) Lord Wellesley
(b) Lord Dalhousie
(c) Lord Clive
(d) Lord Canning
6. In which battle the English forces defeated the combined alliance of Mir Qasim, Shuja-ud-daula and Mughal Emperor Shah Alam-II?(a) Battle of Karnal in 1739 A.D.
(b) Battle of Chausa in 1539 A.D.
(c) Battle of Haldighati in 1576 A.D.
(d) Battle of Buxar in 1764 A.D.
7. In which battle Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodhi?(a) Battle of Karnal in 1739 A.D.
(b) First Battle of Panipat in 1526 A.D.
(c) Second Battle of Panipat in 1556 A.D.
(d) Third Battle of Panipat in 1761 A.D.
8. Battle of Hydaspeas was fought in the year?(a) 326 B.C.
(b) 327 B.C.
(c) 328 B.C.
(d) 329 B.C.
9. In which battle Tipu Sultan was defeated by the English forces?(a) First Anglo Mysore War
(b) Second Anglo Mysore War
(c) Third Anglo Mysore War
(d) Fourth Anglo Mysore War
10. In which battle Humayun was defeated by Sher Shah Suri?(a) Battle of Chausa in 1539 A.D.
(b) Second Battle of Terrain in 1192 A.D.
(c) Battle of Khanwa in 1527 A.D.
(d) Battle of Karnal in 1739 A.D.