Permanent Members of UN Security Council: USA, UK, China, France and Russia.
Important points related to United Nations(UN) Security Council-
1. The Security Council has primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security.
2. The Security Council has 15 members and each member has one vote.
3. Under the Charter, all Member States are obligated to comply with Council decisions.
4. The Security Council takes the lead in determining the existence of a threat to the peace or act of aggression.
5. The Security Council calls upon the parties to a dispute to settle it by peaceful means and recommends methods of adjustment or terms of settlement.
6. In some cases, the Security Council can resort to imposing sanctions or even authorize the use of force to maintain or restore international peace and
7. The Security Council also recommends to the General Assembly the appointment of the Secretary-General and the admission of new Members to the United
8. Together with the General Assembly, The Security Council elects the judges of the International Court of Justice.
9. A single negative vote from its member can prevent the proposal from being accepted.
10. The permanent members of the Security Council have the power to veto any move.