You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 5
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
41) The outermost layer of the Sun is called?
42) For what is the Manas sanctuary in Assam known?
43) Mana Pass is located in?
B) Himachal Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
44) Depth of the sea is measured in?
B) Nautical miles
45) Hanging valleys are formed due to the action of?
B) Volcanic eruption
C) Waves of the ocean
46) In the northern hemisphere, due to Ferrel's law the wind is deflected?
A) Towards its north
B) Towards its right
C) Towards its south
D) Towards its left
47) Mettur dam is built on the river?
A) Narmada river
B) Tapti river
C) Cauvery river
D) Godavari river
48) The phases of moon are caused by?
A) The revolution of the earth
B) The revolution of the moon
C) The rotation of the earth
D) The rotation of the moon
49) The average time interval between successive high tide and low tide is?
A) 3 hours and 12 minutes
B) 6 hours and 12 minutes
C) 12 hours and 26 minutes
D) 24 hours and 52 minutes
50) The planet with the shortest year is?