You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Economics Quiz Set No. 4
Economics questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
31) Consumer's surplus is the highest in the case of ?
D) durable goods
32) Convertibility of the rupee implies:
A) being able to convert rupee notes into gold
B) freely permitting the conversion of rupee to other major currencies and vice versa
C) allowing the value of the rupee to be fixed by market forces
D) developing an international market for currencies in India
33) Cyclical unemployment refers to:
A) seasonal unemployment
B) disguised unemployment
C) voluntary unemployment
D) unemployment during recessionary phase of a trade cycle
34) Dadabhai Naoroji theorised on the drain of wealth from India in his book:
A) Poverty under British Rule in India
B) Poverty in British Rule in India
C) Poverty and Un-British Rule in India
D) Poverty of Economic Drain in British India
35) To prevent recurrence of scams in Indian Capital Market, the Government has assigned regulatory powers to:
36) Debenture holders of a company are its?
37) Deficit financing creates additional paper currency to fill the gap between expenditure and revenue. This device aims at economic development but if it fails, it generates :
38) Deficit financing implies?
A) Public expenditure in excess of public revenue
B) Replacing new currency with worn out currency
C) Public revenue in excess of public expenditure
D) Printing new currency notes
39) Deficit financing leads to inflation in general, but it can be checked if?
A) Only aggregate demand is increased
B) Government expenditure leads to increase in the aggregate supply in ratio of aggregate demand
C) All the expenditure is denoted national debt payment only
D) All of these
40) Deficit Financing means that the government borrows money from the?
A) Reserve Bank of India
B) Asian Development Bank
C) World Bank
D) International Monetary Fund