1. After Haryanka dynasty Magadha was ruled by Shishunaga dynasty.|
2. Shishunaga was the founder of Shishuhaga dynasty.
3. He was the minister or amatya of the last Haryanka dynasty ruler Nagdashak.
4. He killed Nagdashak and established the Shishunaga dynasty in 412 B.C.
5. Shishunaga annexed the territories of Avanti, Vatsa and Kosala to Magadha.
6. Shishunaga shifted its capital from Rajgriha to Patliputra.
7. According to Buddhist sources he also had a secondary capital at Vaishali.
8. Shishunaga was succeeded by Kalashoka in 344 B.C.
9. According to the Puranas he was mentioned as Kakavarna and according to the Sinhala chronicles (Srilankan text) he was mentioned as Kalashoka.
10. In 383 B.C. the Second Buddhist Council was organised at Vaishali under the sponsorship of Kalashoka.
11. The last ruler of Shishunaga dynasty was Nandivardhan.
1. Who was the founder of Shishunaga dynasty?(a) Shishunaga
2. Capital of Shishunaga dynasty during the reign of Shishunaga was?(a) Vallabhi
3. Shishunaga was succeeded by?(a) Ajatashatru
4. During whose reign Second Buddhist Council was held at Vaishali?(a) Shishunaga
5. Who was the last ruler of Shishunaga dynasty?(a) Shishunaga
Answers - 1(a), 2(d), 3(b), 4(b) and 5(c).