You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 1
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
1) Who was the first Home Minister of India?
A) Govind Ballabh Pant
B) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
C) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
D) C. Rajagopalachari
2) Who was the first Indian woman President of Indian National Congress ?
A) Annie Besant
B) Sarojini Naidu
C) Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit
D) Sucheta Kriplani
3) Who was the first unanimously elected Speaker of Lok Sabha?
A) Ganesh Vasudev Mavlankar
B) M A Ayyangar
C) Sardar Hukam Singh
D) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
4) Who was the last British Governor General who addressed the Constituent Assembly ?
A) Lord Bentinck
B) Lord Mountbatten
C) Lord Clive
D) Lord Dalhousie
5) A bill for alteration of boundaries of States shall not be introduced in the Parliament without the recommendation?
A) The President
B) the Supreme Court
C) the legislatures of the States concerned
D) the presiding officers of both houses of parliament
6) A bill in each House is subject to?
A) one reading
B) two readings
C) three readings
D) four readings
7) A federal structure of India was first put forward by the?
A) Act of 1909
B) Act of 1919
C) Act of 1935
D) Act of 1947
8) A federal system?
A) must have a written costitution.
B) must have an unwritten constitution.
C) may not have any constitution.
D) may have either written or unwritten constitution
9) A government is federal or unitary on the basis of relations between the:
A) three organs of government
B) Centre and States
C) Legislature and the Executive
D) Constitution and the States
10) A Money Bill passed by the Lok Sabha is deemed to have been passed by the Rajya Sabha also when no action is taken by the Rajya Sabha within
A) 10 days
B) 14 days
C) 20 days
D) 30 days