You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 29
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
281) Where are Shevaroy Hills located?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
282) In which State is the Guru Shikhar Peak located?
C) Madhya Pradesh
283) The hill range that separates the state of Manipur from the state of Nagaland is known as:
A) Arakan hills
B) Patkai hills
C) Barail hills
D) Manipur hills
284) Which one of the following does NOT lie in Maharashtra?
A) Balaghat Range
B) Harishchandra Range
C) Mandav Hills
D) Satmala Hills
285) Arrange the following hills of southern India from north to south: (1) Nilgiri, (2) Cardamom, (3) Nallamala, (4) Anaimalai.
286) Amritsar and Shimla are almost on the same latitude, but their climate difference is due to:
A) the difference in their altitudes
B) their distance from sea
C) snowfall in Shimla
D) pollution in Amritsar
287) The length of India's coastline is about:
A) 5900 km
B) 6100 km
C) 7000 km
D) 7500 km
288) Which State has the largest coastline in India?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
289) The Karakoram Highway connects which of the following pairs of countries?
290) Which of the following latitudes passes through India?
B) Arctic Circle
C) Tropic of Capricorn
D) Tropic of Cancer