You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Economics Quiz Set No. 17
Economics questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
161) Stagflation implies a case of:
A) galloping inflation
B) recession plus inflation
C) adverse balance of trade
D) rising wages and employment
162) States earn maximum revenue through?
A) Land revenue
B) Commercial taxes
C) Excise duties on intoxicants
D) Custom revenue
163) Take off stage in an economy means:
A) steady growth begins
B) economy is stagnant
C) economy is about to collapse
D) all controls are removed
164) Ten rupee notes bear the signature of:
B) Finance Minister
C) Secretary, Ministry of Finance
D) Governor, Reserve Bank of India
165) The acronym SRO, being used in the capital market for various market participants, stands for which one of the following?
A) Self-Regulatory Organisations
B) Small Revenue Operators
C) Securities Roll-back Operators
D) Securities Regulatory Organisations
166) The apex body for formulating plans and coordinating research work in agriculture and allied fields is?
A) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
B) Indian Council of Agricultural Research
C) Regional Rural Banks
D) State Trading Corporation
167) The author of the book 'Planned Economy for India' is?
A) Jawaharlal Nehru
B) Dada Bhai Naoroji
C) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
D) M. Visvesvaraya
168) The average rate of domestic savings (gross) for the Indian economy is currently estimated to be in the range of?
A) 15 to 20 percent
B) 20 to 25 percent
C) 25 to 30 percent
D) 30 to 35 percent
169) The banks are required to maintain a certain ratio between their cash in hand and total assets. This is called:
A) SBRC (Statutory Bank Ratio)
B) SLR (Statutory Liquid Ratio)
C) CBR (Central Bank Reserve)
D) CLR (Central Liquid Reserve)
170) Which of the following is now a punishable offence by a Bank Account holder ?
A) If a cheque is not crossed
B) If a post-dated cheque is issued
C) If a cheque drawn by him is dishonoured for insufficiency of funds in his account
D) Issuing a cheque without signature