You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 7
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
61) Bryophytes are often called as amphibian plants because they
A) are found both in water and on land
B) do not have habitat preference
C) can eat insects
D) appear like frog
62) Carbohydrates are the compounds of:
A) Carbon and hydrogen
B) Carbon, oxygen and hydrogen
C) Carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen
D) Carbon, nitrogen and hydrogen
63) Carborandum is:
A) Silicon Dioxide
B) Silicon Carbide
C) Silicon Nitride
D) Silicon Phosphide
64) Caustic Soda is:
65) Cell theory was propounded by?
A) Robert Hooke
B) William Harvey
C) Schleiden and Schwann
66) Chemical formula of Water glass is:
67) Cholera Bacillus was discovered by?
A) Robert Koch
B) Joseph lister
C) Ronald Ross
D) Louis Pasteur
68) Chromosomes are?
A) the biggest in number in human cells
B) present only in the nucleus of a cell
C) visible in all cells at every time
D) made up of DNA as a main component
69) Citrus fruits are considered a rich source of which vitamin ?
A) Vitamin A
B) Vitamin D
C) Vitamin B
D) Vitamin C
70) Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Odisha often face natural disasters due to