You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 18
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
171) Koyna Hydroelectric Power Project constructed over Koyna river, a tributary of Krishna river, is located in which state ?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
172) In which state Jog falls located?
173) Which of the following river is not a tributary of Ganga?
174) Which of the following is the highest peak in undisputed Indian territory?
A) Mount Everest
B) Nanda Devi
C) Nanga Parbat
175) The canal which links Atlantic ocean with Pacific ocean is ?
176) The largest delta of the world is?
B) Congo Basin
D) Amazon Basin
177) Which of the following is called the 'Crossroads of the Pacific'?
D) Bermuda Triangle
178) How many States in India are Coastal?
179) 82 and 1/2 degree E longitude is geographically significant to India because
A) It determines the Indian standard time
B) It has a bearing on the tropical climate of India
C) It divides India into eastern and western zone
D) It enables determining local time in eastern India
180) River Damodar is called 'Sorrow of Bengal' because it
A) Gets flooded often causing havoc
B) Causes maximum soil erosion
C) Forms number of dangerous waterfalls
D) Is not a perennial river