You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 6
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
51) The Bhakra Dam is built across the river?
52) The imaginary line of the Earth's surface that closely follows the 180 degree Meridian is?
A) Tropic of Cancer
B) International Date Line
D) Prime Meridian
53) Lack of atmosphere around the Moon is due to?
A) low gravitational attraction only
B) low escape velocity of air molecule and low gravitational attraction
C) high escape velocity of air molecule only
D) high escape velocity of air molecule and low gravitational attraction
54) The soil formed by wind bust in and around hot deserts is called?
A) silty soil
B) sandy soil
C) loamy soil
D) None of the above
55) What is a Cloudburst?
A) It refers to 50 mm rain over a period of time
B) It is caused by rapid condensation of very high clouds
C) It refers to a thunderstorm with little rain
D) It refers to sudden and copious rainfall over a small area which often lasts for only a few minutes
56) Duncan passage is located between?
A) South and Little Andaman
B) Middle and South Andaman
C) North and Middle Andaman
D) Little and Great Nicobar
57) The main area of production of icebergs is found in?
A) the West Coast of Greenland
B) the West Coast of Africa
C) the North Coast of Siberia
D) the East Coast of Japan
58) The Indian research station Himadri is located at?
C) Arctic Region
59) Wind actions create 'Mushroom rocks' which are usually found in?
C) Tropical coastal areas
60) The most abundant gas in the earth's atmosphere is?
A) Carbon dioxide