You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 26
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
251) Which of the following is not true with regard to the coastal plains of India ?
A) The west coast has a narrow alluvial margin interspersed by hilly terrain
B) The eastern coast has a wide plain with well-developed deltas of the major rivers
C) The west coast has little indentation except towards the south
D) The west and east coasts, have the same alluvial features
252) In which one of the following is the Himalayan pass Shipki La located?
A) Chandra valley
B) Hunza valley
C) Nubra valley
D) Sutlej valley
253) Arrange the following hill ranges in order from north to south: (1) Nallamala Hills, (2) Nilgiri, (3) Anaimalai, (4) Cardamon Hills
A) I, IV, III, II
B) I, II, III, IV
C) II, I, III, IV
D) I, II, IV, III
254) Arrange the following Himalayan peaks in order as they occur from west to east: (1) Kanchenjunga, (2) Mt. Everest, (3) Nanda Devi, (4) Dhaulagiri
A) I, II, III, IV
B) I, II, IV, III
C) III, II, I, IV
D) III, IV, II, I
255) Arrange the following ranges in order as they occur from north to south: (1) Pir Panjal, (2) Karakoram, (3) Zanskar, (4) Ladakh
A) II, IV, III, I
B) II, III, IV, I
C) I, II, IV, III
D) III, II, IV, I
256) Consider the following: (1) Mahadeo Hills, (2) Sahyadri Parvat, (3) Satpura Range. What is the correct sequence from the north of the south ?
A) 1, 2, 3
B) 2, 1, 3
C) 1, 3, 2
D) 2, 3, 1
257) Which of the following gives the correct sequence of hills in the east-west direction?
A) Naga, Mikir, Khasi, Garo
B) Garo, Khasi, Mkir, Naga
C) Khasi,Garo, Naga, Mikir
D) Mikir, Naga, Khasi, Garo
258) Consider the following mountain ranges: (1) Ladakh Range, (2) Karakoram, (3) Greater Himalayas, (4) Zanskar Range. What is the correct sequence of these from south to north?
A) 3, 4, 1, 2
B) 3, 1, 4, 2
C) 4, 2, 3, 1
D) 4, 3, 2, 1
259) Which one of the following States in India has the broadest continental shelf?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
260) The new alluvial deposits found in the Gangetic plain are known as: