You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 28
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
271) Why is it that the Himalayan region is poor in mineral resources?
A) Displacement of rock strata has disturbed the arrangement of rocks and made it complex
B) It is made up of crystalline rock
C) the terrain makes exploitation of minerals difficult
D) The climatic conditions are not suitable, for exploitation of minerals
272) Which one of the following gives the correct sequence of Himalayan peaks in the direction east to west?
A) Dhaulagiri, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Mt. Everest
B) Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Dhaulagiri, Mt. Everest
C) Makalu, Dhaulagiri, Kumaun, Namcha Barwa
D) Namcha Barwa, Kanchenjunga, Mt. Everest, Nanda Devi
273) Which one of the following is the junction point of the Eastern Ghats and Western Ghats?
A) Javadi Hills
B) Anaimalai Hills
C) Nilgiri Hills
D) Shevaroy Hills
274) The highest peak of the Himalayas in India is in :
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
275) Where exactly is Aksai Chin?
A) Near Leh
B) The north-east corner of Jammu and Kashmir
C) Along the Zaskar mountains
D) South of the Siachen Glacier
276) Nanda Devi peak forms a part of:
A) Assam Himalayas
B) Kumaon Himalayas
C) Nepal Himalayas
D) Punjab Himalayas
277) Which one of the following statements is not correct?
A) The Western Ghats are relatively higher in their northern region
B) The Anal Mudi is the highest peak in the Western Ghats
C) Tapi river lies to the south of Satpura
D) The Narmada and the Tapi river valleys are said to be old rift valleys
278) Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the given hills starting from the north and going towards the south?
A) Nallamalai Hills - Nilgiri Hills - Javadi Hilis - Anaimalai Hills
B) Anaimalai Hills - Javadi Hills - Nilgiri Hills - Nallamalai Hills
C) Nallamalai Hills - Javadi Hills - Nilgiri Hills - Anaimalai Hills
D) Anaimalai Hills - Nilgiri Hills - Javadi Hills - Nallamalai Hills
279) What is the name of the highest summit of Nilgiri Hills?
280) Which one of the following Himalayan Passes was reopened around in the middle of the year 2006 to facilitate trade between India and China?
A) Chang La
B) Jara La
C) Nathu La
D) Shipki La