You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 24
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
231) The oldest mountains in India according to geographical history are:
232) The highest mountain peak in India is:
B) Mount Everest
C) Mt. K2
D) Nanda Devi
233) Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the age of formation- from the youngest to the oldest- of the given mountain ranges?
A) Himalayas, Vindhyas, Western Ghats, Deccan Traps
B) Deccan Traps, Western Ghats, Vindhyas, Himalayas
C) Himalayas, Western Ghats, Vindhyas, Deccan Traps
D) Vindhyas, Himalayas, Deccan Traps, Western Ghats
234) Arakan Yoma is the extension of the Himalayas located in:
235) The transport route connecting the Kashmir from Leh crosses the high mountain ranges at the:
A) Pir Panjal pass
B) Karakoram pass
C) Banihal pass
D) Zoji La pass
236) Which one of the following mountains is not the part of Eastern Ghats?
A) Sheravoy hills
B) Javadi hills
C) Nallamala hills
D) Elamalai hills
237) Kodaikanal, the famous hill-station of South India, is situated on:
A) Palni hills
B) Anaimalai mountain
C) Nilgiri mountain
D) Cardamom hills
238) Which one of the following statements is NOT correct?
A) Black cotton soil of north-west India was formed by the weathering of basaltic lava rocks
B) Sedimentary rocks are distinguished from other types of rocks by the presence of distinct layers
C) Granite has large crystals of quartz, feldspar and mica in it
D) A metamorphic rock is softer and less compact than its original type
239) Which of the following relates to the formation of the Himalayas?
A) Folding of the earth's crust
B) Accumulation of loess deposits
C) Folding of the geosyncline
D) Faulting of the earth's crust
240) Which one of the following is most prone to earthquakes?
A) Coastal plains
B) Old shields
D) Young folded mountains