You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 25
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
241) The correct sequence of the different sections of the Himalayas in terms of their stretch (in kilometre) in the descending order is :
A) Punjab Him., Kumaon Him., Nepal Him., Assam Him.
B) Nepal Him., Assam Him., Punjab Him., Kumaon Him.
C) Kumaon, Hlm., Nepal Him., Assam Him., Punjab Him.
D) Nepal Him., Assam Him., Kumaon Him., Punjab Him.
242) The Vindhyas belong to which class of mountains?
A) Block mountains
B) Fold mountains
C) Volcanic mountains
D) Residual mountains
243) The mountain range which stretches from Gujarat in west to Delhi in the north is the:
D) Kaimur range
244) The Himalayas are formed of parallel fold ranges of which the oldest range is :
A) the Siwalik Range
B) the Lesser Himalayas
C) the Great Himalayan Range
D) the Dhaula Dhar Range
245) Maharashtrian Plateau is made up of:
A) alluvial soil
B) coral reef
246) The highest peak in South India is:
A) Doda Betta
D) None of these
247) Aravalli ranges are an example of:
A) straight mountains
B) block mountains
C) residual mountains
D) volcanic mountains
248) Which of the following mountain passes lies outside India ?
C) Bara Lacha La
249) Zozila Pass connects:
A) Kashmir and Tibet
B) Nepal and Tibet
C) Leh and Kargil
D) Leh and Srinagar
250) Which of the following is the main difference between the Western and Eastern Ghats?
C) Proximity to the coast