You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 30
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
291) Which one of the following countries has the longest international boundary with India?
292) India is the seventh largest country in the world and it covers a total area of approximately:
A) 2700000 sq. km
B) 3000000 sq. km
C) 3200000 sq. km
D) 3600000 sq. km
293) Which of the following is the correct chronological order of the formation of the following states in India? (1) Sikkim, (2) Mizoram, (3) Goa, (4) Arunachal Pradesh.
A) 3, 1, 2, 4
B) 1, 2, 3, 4
C) 1, 2, 4, 3
D) 1, 4, 2, 3
294) The largest southernmost single island in India is:
A) Rameswaram Island
B) Minicoy Island
C) Car Nicobar Island
D) Great Nicobar Island
295) Which state amongst the following has the highest percentage of the Scheduled Caste population of State's population?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
296) The Tropic of Cancer does not pass through:
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) West Bengal
297) The Tropic of Cancer passes through the States of: (1) Gujarat, (2) Jharkhand, (3) Assam, (4) Mizoram.
A) 1, 2 and 4
B) 1 and 2
C) 1, 3 and 4
D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
298) Which one of the following gives the correct sequence of places going from the east to the west of India?
A) Sikhar, Tinsukhia, lndore, Vadodara
B) Tinsukhia, Phulpur, Udaipur, Kota
C) Jorhat, Bhopal, Ahmedabad, Rajkot
D) Guwahati, Silchar, Bhopal, Rajkot
299) Which one of the following shows the correct sequence of occurrence of the following towns/cities as one proceeds from west to east?
A) Ajmer, Darbhanga, Kohima, Sikhar
B) Surat, Wardha, Rourkela, Bharuch
C) Pandharpur, Gulbarga, Kottagudem, Vishakhapatnam
D) Anand, Rajkot, Dhanbad, Aizawl
300) Which states of India have a common border with Pakistan? (I) Jammu and Kashmir, (II) Himachal Pradesh, (III) Punjab, (IV) Gujarat, (V) Rajasthan.
A) I, II, III, V
B) I, II, III, IV
C) I, III, IV
D) I, III, IV, V