You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 27
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
261) The correct order of the given hills from west to east is :
C) Khasi-Garo- Jaintia-Naga
D) Garo-Khasi- Jaintia-Naga
262) A rift valley is formed mainly due to:
A) forces of tension in the earth's crust
B) the subsidence of the floor of a river valley
C) the valley formed after the formation of fold mountains
D) the deepening of a valley by ice action
263) The Himalayas are generally divided into three ranges which do not include:
B) Greater Himalayas
D) Lesser Himalayas
264) What do you understand by the term 'Doab' ?
A) Where the delta of river begins
B) Where two or more rivers meet
C) Land between two separate river systems
D) Land between two tributaries of a river
265) Which one of the following statements is wrong regarding the 'Vale of Kashmir' ?
A) It is a synclinal valley
B) It is situated between the Pir Panjal Range and the Lesser Himalayas
C) It is drained by the river Jhelum
D) Previously it was a bed of a great lake, subsequently uplifted
266) Considering the location of mountains in India which one of the following is in right sequence from south to north?
A) Dodabetta, Kailash, Dhaulagiri, Vindhyachal
B) Dodabetta, Vindhyachal, Dhaulagiri, Kailash
C) Dhaulagiri, Kailash, Dodabetta, Vindhyachal
D) Dhaulagiri, Vindhyachal, Dodabetta, Kailash
267) Siwaliks are:
A) to the north of Himadri
B) foothills of Himalayan ranges
C) in Meghalaya
D) the plateau between Pamirs and Myanmar
268) Palghat joins which of the following states?
A) Sikkim and West Bengal
B) Maharashtra and Gujarat
C) Kerala and Tamil Nadu
D) Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim
269) (1) Cherrapunji is located on the south side of Garo hills, (2) Cherrapunji is about 1700 m above mean sea level. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A) 1 only
B) 2 only
C) Both 1 and 2
D) Neither 1 nor 2
270) _______ forms the western boundary of the Indian sub-continent.