You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 11
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
101) In May 1998, while addressing at nuclear tests site near Pokhran, who added 'Jai Vigyan' to the Lal Bahadur Shastri's Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan' ?
A) Rajeev Gandhi
B) Atal Behari Vajpayee
C) P.V.Narsimha Rao
D) Indira Gandhi
102) In the context of ancient Indian society, which one of the following terms does not belong to the category of the other three?
103) In the 'individual Satyagraha', Vinoba Bhave was chosen as the first Satyagrahi. Who was the second?
A) C. Rajagopalachari
B) Sardar Vallabhabhai Patel
C) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
D) Dr. Rajendra Pradesh
104) In which city Indian National Congress passed Quit India Resolution on August 8, 1942?
105) In which district is Dandi associated with the March of Gandhi, is located?
106) In which Governor-General's reign railway lines in India were established?
A) Lord Cornwallis
B) Lord Dalhousie
C) Lord Curzon
D) Lord William Bentinck
107) In which of the following Vedic hymns there is reference of the origin of four Varnas?
108) In which region was the first metallic coin used In India?
A) The Indo-Gangetic plain of central India
B) The Himalayas
C) Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh
D) The Deccan Plateau
109) In which session did Congress declared complete Independence (Poorna Swaraj) as its goal?
A) Lahore session held in 1929
B) Madras session held in 1927
C) Ahmedabad session held in 1921
D) Gaya session held in 1922
110) Jainism was divided into two sects - Swetambaras (White-clad) and Digambaras (Sky clad or naked) - during the reign of the: