You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 15
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
141) Of the following who died as political prisoner in Lahore prison?
A) Bhagat Singh
B) Batukeshwar Dutt
C) Jatin Das
D) Sukh Dev
142) Of the following who is called India's Machiavelli?
143) Of the following who was the hero of a famous drama Malvlkagnimitra written by Kalidasa?
144) On 15 May 1952, who became the first speaker of the Lok Sabha ?
A) G V Mavalankar
B) Harilal J Kania
C) S Radhakrishnan
D) Sukumar Sen
145) On 17 Dec 1931, who founded the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) in Kolkata ?
A) Vikram Sarabhai
B) Homi Bhabha
C) P C Mahalanobis
D) C V Raman
146) On the banks of which river, did Mahatma Gandhi establish Satyagraha Ashram in Ahmedabad ?
147) On which date, the arrival date of Mahatma Gandhi in India from South Africa, is the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas celebrated?
A) 9th January
B) 10th January
C) 11th January
D) 12th January
148) On which occasion the slogan 'Nagpur Chalo' was raised?
A) Jhanda Satyagrah
B) Quit India Movement
C) Non-cooperation Movement
D) Dandi March
149) Original name of Chanakya was?
150) Outside India, Buddhism was first accepted in
C) Sri Lanka