You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 12
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
111) Jatakas are the stories of:
A) Buddha's life
B) Buddha's previous lives
C) The lives of the future Buddhas
D) Great saints of Buddhism
112) Just before midnight 14th August 1947, Jawaharlal Nehru rose in the Constituent Assembly to deliver the most famous speech ever made by an Indian. Which of the following were the opening lines of the speech?
A) 'Swaraj is our birthright and we have won it...'
B) Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny
C) 'India is independent..'
D) We have finally achieved what we had struggled for'
113) Kanva dynasty was established by:
114) Kautilya (also known as Vishnugupta and Chanakya) is the author of Arthasastra which has been compared with:
A) Plato's State
B) Machiavelli's Prince
C) Karl Marx's Das Kapital
D) Hitler's Mein Kampf
115) Khajuraho temples were built by rulers of which dynasty?
116) Kharavela of Kalinga was a follower of
117) Khilafat Movement was organised to protest against the injustice done to:
118) Krishnadevaraya built the Krishnaswami temple in Hampi, which is situated in the present state of ?
D) Andhra Pradesh
119) Liberty, Equality and Fraternity' was the motto of which revolution?
120) Live well, as long as you live. Live well even by borrowings, for once cremated, there is no return'. The rejection of after life is an aphorism of the?
C) Kapalika sect
D) Sunyavada of Nagarjun