You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 21
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
201) The Eight-fold path was enunciated by:
A) The Buddha
C) Guru Gobind Singh
D) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
202) The era which is counted from 78 A.D. is the?
A) Kollam era
B) Saka era
C) Salivahana era
D) Vikram era
203) The famous Mehrauli Iron Pillar inscription describes the conquest of:
B) Chandragupta II
C) Chandragupta Maurya
204) The famous poet Kalidasa lived in the court of ?
A) Chandra Gupta I
B) Chandra Gupta II
C) Samudra Gupta
D) Kumara Gupta
205) The famous resolution on Non-Cooperation under the inspiration of Mahatma Gandhi was adopted in a special session of Congress held at Calcutta in:
A) September 1920
B) December 1922
C) October 1924
D) November 1925
206) The first Buddhist Council was held at
207) The first Buddhist Sangeeti (conference) was held at?
208) The first grammarian of the Sanskrit language was ?
209) The first great empire to the south of the Vindhayas was of the:
210) The first Indian ruler who joined the subsidiary Alliance was?
A) The Nawab of Oudh
B) The Nizam of Hyderabad
C) The Nizam of Bengal
D) Peshwa Baji Rao II