You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 18
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
171) The Bardoli Satyagraha was led by:
A) Rajendra Prasad
B) Mahatma Gandhi
C) Vallabhbhai Patel
D) Morarji Desai
172) The battle at Waihind in 1008-09 A.D was fought between?
A) Muhammad Ghori and Prithviraj
B) Muhammad Ghori and Jaichandra
C) Mahmud of Ghazni and Jayapala
D) Mahmud of Ghazni and Anandapala
173) The battle between Alexander and Porus took place on the bank of river?
174) The battle of Dharmat was fought between?
A) Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh
B) Ahmad Shah Durrani and the Maratha
C) Babar and the Afghans
D) Muhammad Gori and Jai Chand
175) The battle that was fought between Ahmad Shah Abdali and the Marathas in 1761 was?
A) 1st battle of Panipat
B) 3rd battle of Panipat
C) 2nd battle of Panipat
D) 1st battle of Tarain
176) The Boston Tea Party was
A) a celebration of the harvest of tea leaves
B) a protest against the tea drinkers of Boston
C) a protest against the tea tax
D) an annual social affair
177) The boycott of foreign cloth during the Non-cooperation Movement?
A) Had little impact on the economy
B) Caused a striking fall in the value of imports of foreign cloth in 1921-22
C) Made the government relax controls on exports of Indian goods
D) Was not agreeable to the masses
178) The Britishers come to India as traders and formed company named?
A) Eastern India Company
B) The Great Britain Company
C) East India Company
D) Indo-British Company
179) The Buddha attained nirvana at:
A) Bodh Gaya
180) The Buddhist Doctrines were written in: