You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 24
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
231) The Home Rule Movement was aimed at:
A) complete independence for India
B) complete autonomy to India
C) self-government for India within the British Commonwealth
D) larger participation of Indians in India's administration
232) The idea of starting a Home Rule League in 1915 was first propounded by:
A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
C) Annie Besant
D) Motilal Nehru
233) The Indian Council Act of 1909 was popularly known as:
A) Parliament Act
B) Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms
C) Minto-Morely Reforms
D) The Judiciary Act
234) The Indian ruler known as the Napoleon of Indian was?
A) Chandragupta Maurya
235) The Indus or Harappan Civilisation is distinguished from the other contemporary civilisations by its:
A) town planning
B) underground drainage system
C) uniformity of weights and measures
D) large agricultural surplus
236) The Indus religion did not include the worship of?
A) Mother Goddess
B) Certain animal chimeras and their anthropic figure
C) Forces of Nature
D) Trees and their spirits
237) The Indus Valley Civilization was famous for?
A) Well-planned cities
B) Efficient civil organization
C) evelopment of Art and Architecture
D) All of these
238) The Jain text which contains the biographies of the Tirthankaras is known as?
C) Adi Purana
239) The Jatakas are a collection of stories:
A) Meant for children
B) Based on pet Hindu myths
C) About Jains saints
D) Pertaining to several different earlier births of the Buddha
240) The key leaders of Khilafat Movement were?
A) Mohammad Ali and Shaukat Ali
B) Muhammad Iqbal and Salimullah Khan
C) Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Sikandar Hayat Khan
D) Syed Ahmad Khan and Agha khan