You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 22
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
211) The first metal to be extensively used by the people in India was:
212) The first Persian ruler who occupied part of Indian Territory was?
B) Darius I
213) The first political organisation established in India in 1838 was known as?
A) Zamindari Association
B) Settlers Association
C) British India Society
D) Bengal British India Society
214) The first postage stamp was issued in
215) The first translator of Mahabharata into Tamil was?
216) The foremost astronomer and mathematician of the Gupta period was:
217) The foundation of modern education system in India was laid by?
A) Wood's Despatch of 1854
B) The Hunter Commission of 1882
C) Macaulay's Minutes of 1835
D) The Charter Act of 1813
218) The founder of Boy Scouts and Girl Guides movement was?
A) Juliette Low
B) Robert Baden-Powell
C) Charles Andrews
D) Robert Collin
219) The founder of Jainism was
D) Vardhaman Mahavira
220) The fourth and the last Buddhist Council was convened by: