You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 17
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
161) Soft toy 'Teddy Bear' was named after which US president's nickname ?
A) John F. Kennedy
B) Theodore Roosevelt
C) Abraham Lincoln
D) George Washington
162) Taj Mahal was designed by
A) Ustad Isa
B) Ustad Mansur
C) Ustad Rahim
D) Ustad Shamsher
163) Temple architecture was most developed under which dynasty?
164) The 19th century reawakening in India was confined to the
A) Priestly class
B) Upper middle class
C) Rich peasantry
D) Urban landlords
165) The 1st Battle of Panipat was fought in the year
166) The aim of education as stated by the Wood's despatch of 1854 was?
A) the spread of western culture in India
B) the introduction of scientific research and rationalism in the traditional Indian education
C) the promotion of literacy among the people using English medium of language
D) the creation of employment opportunity for native Indians
167) The All India Muslim League was founded in December 1906 at:
168) The ancient kingdom of 'Avanti' had its capital at?
169) The ancient name of the city of Patna is?
170) The Arab conquest of Sind took place in the year?
A) 712 AD
B) 740 AD
C) 1001 AD
D) 1009 AD