You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 14
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
131) Megasthanes, the ambassador of Selucus at the Mauryan court in Pataliputra, wrote an account of the period in his book:
A) Travels of Megasthanes
D) None of these
132) Mohammed-bin-Qasim conquered Sind in the year
A) 712 A.D.
B) 812 A.D.
C) 912 A.D.
D) 1012 A.D.
133) Monolithic Rathas' of the Pallavas are found at:
134) Mrs Annie Besant became the first woman President of the Indian National Congress in:
135) Nagananda', 'Ratnavali' and 'Priyadarshika' Sanskrit works were authored by which ruler ?
A) Chandragupta Maurya
B) Krishna Deva Raya
C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
136) Name the British Prime Minister who convened the First Round Table Conference in London?
B) Ramsay McDonald
137) Nurjahan's real name was?
A) Razia Sultan
C) Mumtaj Mahal
D) Mehr - un - Nisaa
138) Of all the states in northern India in 6th century BC which of the following states emerged as the most powerful?
139) Of the five vows (Panch Anuvratas) of Jainism, four existed before Mahavira. The one which he added was:
A) not to kill (non-injury)
B) not to steal
C) non-attachment to worldly things
140) Of the following scholars who was the first to discover the traces of the Harappan Civilisation?
A) Sir John Marshall
B) R D Banerji
C) A Cunningham
D) Daya Ram Sahani