You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 26
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
251) Constitutional status to Panchayati Raj System was given by?
A) 24th amendment
B) 25th amendment
C) 42nd amendment
D) 73rd amendment
252) Constitutionally which of the following has the power to make a law on the subject mentionable in the Union List?
B) Lok Sabha
C) Rajya Sabha
253) Constitutionally, who has the power to make a law on the subject mentionable in the Union List?
A) Lok Sabha
B) Rajya Sabha
D) Legislative Council
254) Consumer Protection Act 1986 was amended in?
255) Consumer's surplus is the highest in the case of ?
D) durable goods
256) Contact lenses are made from?
C) Polyvinyl chloride
257) Convertibility of the rupee implies:
A) being able to convert rupee notes into gold
B) freely permitting the conversion of rupee to other major currencies and vice versa
C) allowing the value of the rupee to be fixed by market forces
D) developing an international market for currencies in India
258) Cooking oil can be converted into vegetables ghee by the process of:
259) Cotton fibers are made of:
260) Coupling and repulsion are the two states of
A) crossing over