You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 31
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
301) During indian freedom struggle, which one of the following happened earliest?
A) Gaya Session of Congress
B) Tripuri Session of congress
C) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
D) Simon Commission
302) During Kanishka's reign, the centre of political activity shifted from Magadha to:
D) Purushapura (Peshawar)
303) During the Chola period, Sri Lanka was known as?
304) During the freedom struggle, Aruna Asaf Ali was a major woman organizer of underground activity in?
A) Quit India Movement
B) Civil Disobedience Movement
C) Non-Cooperation Movement
D) Swadeshi Movement
305) During the Indian Freedom Struggle, why did Rowlatt Act arouse popular indignation?
A) it authorized the government to imprison people without tria
B) it curbed the trade union activities
C) it suppressed the Indian traditional education
D) It curtailed the freedom of religion.
306) During the monsoon season rainfall decreases from the Ganga delta to the Punjab plains. It is because:
A) monsoon current moves westward along the Ganga plain and becomes drier
B) western regions are warmer than the eastern region
C) hills do not form barriers for winds
D) the area is far away from the sea
307) During the proclamation of National Emergency:
A) all Fundamental Rights are suspended
B) Articles 20 and 21 cannot be suspended
C) Article 32 cannot be suspended
D) Article 19 cannot be suspended
308) During the reign of which ancient Indian ruler, did Chinese traveller Fa-Hien visit India?
A) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
B) Chandragupta Maurya
309) During the tenure of which Governor General of India, King George V visited India?
A) Lord Dalhousie
B) Lord Curzon
C) Lord William Bentinck
D) Lord Hardinge
310) During which 5-year Plan did prices show a decline?
D) None of these